SharkLinux is a 64 bit OS that specializes in virtualization and features a custom MATE/XFCE desktop capable of running on a cloud server with little impact on performance. The OS runs KVM as the primary hypervisor and provides a wide range of tools to build and run VM's and containers. Some limited native support exists for DEB and RPM based Linux platforms, NixOS, osX and Windows applications.
SharkLinux has several distinct qualities from other Linux systems such as; automatic system upgrades, favours source-build installers over pre-installed apps, and sudo users can run shell commands without a password. Build scripts are one-click and configured to run without conflicting with other included software.
SharkLinux is built exclusively in a cloud environment to ensure compatibility and is under heavy development. A physical keyboard has never been touched while making SharkLinux. The distribution was created by a single person using only an Android smartphone.
- KVM hypervisor
- Full QEMU Utilities
- Libvirt and Virtual Machine Manager
- Vagrant (mutate and libvirt support)
- Launch Local Cloud Images
- Full System Containers GUI Included
- Kimchi - WebVirtCloud - Guacamole
- Vagrant Box Conversion
- Many Dashboards, Admin Panels
- LibGuestFS and other disk/filesystem tools
- Nested Virtualization (hardware depending)
- Alien (rpm) LinuxBrew (Mac) Nix Package Manager
- Powershell, Upstream WINE (Win)
- Cloud Optimized Desktop
- Dozens of wrappers, automated install scripts and expansion packs
- Kernel Options v4.4** -> v4.12**